Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Day 2 on the 2011-2012 Life Coach Road Trip

Day 2 started out in Manchester Tennessee, I needed to make a deposit at a local Suntrust.  I stopped at Suntrust in Murphysboro Tennessee.  I was thinking how times have changed.  When I was young, banks were only local or regional.  Today, I can make a deposit at a Suntrust branch in Orlando Florida or Murphysboro Tennessee and it is all online instantly.  Young people today don't understand why I even go to the bank, the next generation will do most of their banking online and seldom visit a branch bank.


As I was walking into the branch, the lady in front of me turned around and said, "Is that you on the bus," I said "yes mam" and we walked in.  I have received so many positive, complimentary comments.   This has been a life changing experience for me.

Next stop, Brentwood Tennessee.   I stopped in at Financial Peace Plaza, home to Dave Ramsey's media empire.  Dave is a great human being and you may often hear me quote Dave or comment on his success. 




Dave's success is his legacy with the people's lives he touches, including his staff, not in dollars and sense.  Dave's media empire is faith based and built on his personal financial setback 20 years ago.  Dave started over on his dining room table and has built a staff of over 300 great Americans.  Dave built his business using many of Larry Burkett's teachings.

( a side note, Larry Burkett and I have some very unique similarities.  We both went to  High School in Central Florida, we both went to college at Rollins College, we both studied Marketing, he moved to Gainesville Ga, I move to the next town, Dahlonega Georgia.  We both wanted to take our message to the people through mass media including radio. I had the pleasure of meeting some of his family members in Gainesville Georgia before he passed away in 2003.)

I am often asked if I am building a similar business to what Dave did.  While our businesses may appear to have similarities including helping people,  we have very different focuses. Life Coach Media is not faith based or affiliated with any organization or religion.  While Dave focuses on financial freedom, Life Coaching focuses on all areas of your life, including your happiness, emotions, relationships and health.

Dave deserves a great deal of credit for hiring team members who share his visions, his philosophies and his positive energy. Matt, Dave's engineer is a young man with a knowledge of the radio business equal to most radio engineers twice his age.

 A few years ago, Dave remodeled the lobby of Financial Peace Plaza and build in a small coffee shop, where he gives out free coffee and baked goodies.  This is a very nice touch, but more important is his selection for a greeter, Martha.  She shares her warmth, love for life and respect for Dave. 



Martha and Jeff at Financial Peace Plaza in Brentwood Tennessee
Dave should be proud, she sets the tone for guests and visitors.

No comments:

Post a Comment