Wednesday, August 31, 2011

LIttle Rock Arkansas - Radio Show # 10

On Wednesday & Thursday, August 24th & 25th, I visited Little Rock Arkansas.  I pulled into town and stopped at the Holiday Inn Presidential, in Downtown Little Rock.  I pulled the bus up to the door and went inside.  The staff was very nice and accommodating. 

This is a case of rules are in place, but sometimes, just sometimes, it is better off to use common sense than follow the rules.  I gave the man working the desk my Holiday Inn Priority number as well as my credit card with my name on it.  Then he asked for a photo ID.  I pointed to my picture on the side of the bus.  There was a 8 foot tall picture ID, but he did not find that amusing and required my drivers license. 

At Breakfast the next day, I asked to see the manager on duty.  I advised the lady at the front desk to ask a manager to come into the dining room and talk with me.  A few minutes later, a young man named Matt stopped at my table.  He was helpful and very professional.

Matt shared a great story with me.  When people ask me what I do, I usually tell them I am a Life Coach.  Then I often go into a short explanation, it may be everything from " helping people get more out of life" or " helping people find happiness and live their authentic life" on in this case, " I said, a little like Zig Ziglar."

What he said next really surprised me.  He said the owner of the hotel, Larry Carpenter has the original Zig Ziglar water pump in his office.  If you are a Zig Ziglar fan like myself, you understand what he is talking about.  Zig use to take a old fashion water pump on stage and pump and pump and pump, to demonstrate the work and perseverance required to get the job done, but if you give up, even for a second, you will lose the momentum you have and need to start over.

Matt checked with Larry and allowed me to broadcast my show from the presidential conference room, which made for a great recording studio.  Matt also gave me a very good suggestion.  He said that Larry asked if I had any cds I could leave so he would listen to some of my work.  I am now going to work on a sample cd for the radio show and my Life Coaching services.



Jeff Wasserman broadcasting from the Presidential Conference Room
at the Holiday Inn Presidential in Little Rock Arkansas
 

On Thursday, I went downtown Little Rock to visit the Riverwalk area.   I had lunch in the market and visited a few shops, but my real reason for going downtown was to find Bookends, a used bookstore run by the Little Rock library.  That was a real find, I ended up with two bags of books.  The prices are very reasonable, the selection is extensive, they even have a small coffee shop in the bookstore, but the real joy came from meeting and talking to the staff.  The ladies were friendly and very upbeat. 



Jeff Wasserman, downtown Little Rock

Listen to Life Coach Radio Show # 10

 


No comments:

Post a Comment