Friday, September 23, 2011

Interesting idea on my trip to Chicago

I go around the country talking to folks of all ages and all walks of life.  I hear people often say, but Jeff, you don't know how hard it is to make a living, let alone a fortune.  I understand, but I like to remind those who take the time to listen, that people are not climbing under fences, traveling hundreds of miles, risking their life, to get into Mexico or Iran, they are risking their life to get to America, the home of opportunity.

We forget that we live in the greatest nation on the earth.  Sometimes you have a run in with a police officer who forgets his job is to protect and serve or a building official who forgets his job is to help make buildings safer and more energy efficient, not try to make the obstacles in life more difficult.

On my trip to Chicago for the 2011 NAB Radio Show, I went out for a walk around the city and on the corner of Michigan Ave, there was the cutest puppet show built on the back of a bicycle. 


No begging for money, just providing entertainment and ingenuity.  When I walked past, there were people of all walks of life commenting and watching.  It had nothing to do with the quality of the entertainment or the pieced together bicycle show, it was the idea that one person stopped complaining and got out and did something to earn a living.

Then I noticed the best part...... this person has a website, Puppetbike.com. 

Again, it has nothing to do with street entertainers, it has everything to do with using your ingenuity, if you can dream it, you can build it.  If you have a minute, check out this guys website, it is amazing for a street entertainer.




No comments:

Post a Comment