Monday, June 6, 2011

From Big Valley to Dynasty, Linda Evans

Last week I was in New York for two conventions, Blogworld and the Book Expo.  For the first time, both conventions were held at the same time at the Javits Convention Center. It was an interesting convention, Book Expo is the once a year meeting of everyone in the book publishing world, from publishers, editors, established authors, new authors and those wishing to publish their first book.  It was quite a mix of people, the convention was very busy,  but the most interesting dynamic to me was the interest in my company name and badge.   
 
 
Normally, I register for media trade shows with my other company name, JSW Media Inc.  I was at the Blogworld and new media convention for the Life Coach business.  As I was walking down the isles, so many authors and publishers stopped to ask what Life Coach Marketing is all about.  Most had heard of Life Coaching, but never saw a company dedicated to the profession.
 
 
One of the authors that I met brought back so many memories, it was like walking down memory lane.  Linda Evans has written a new book that will be out in print in October 2011.  It is called, Recipes For Life.  You may remember Linda from Big Valley or Dynasty, but Linda's love is the kitchen, she loves to cook. 
 
 
 
The "Life Coach" on my shirt caught her attention, but the name of her new book caught mine.  "Recipes For Life" is a metaphor I use in coaching.  People often ask me what makes a great relationship, or what makes a great career or the most often asked question, how do you build a business.  All of these require a recipe, just like in cooking.  They also require time, patience and love.
 
 
Look for Linda's new book in October is you enjoy unique cook books sprinkled with stories about Richard Burton and Lee Marvin.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment