Thursday, April 28, 2011

Get to know me, Jeff Wasserman, Professional Life Coach

I am hoping to use this blog to introduce myself to you.  I don't want to overload you with my life history or my visions all at once, so each day, as we build up to the start of the radio show, I want to share with you a little about myself.
 
I have had this goal or dream to host a talk radio show since I was 16.  I love radio, it is still one of the greatest inventions. 
 
When I was young, I was brought up to "blend in the crowd," to "stay under the radar screen."  My father taught his kids to " go with the flow and just fit in."   It was good advice at the time, but as the years went by, it caused me internal conflicts.  I could not "self-promote" and feel good about myself, it felt too much like "bragging."  So for many years of my life, I started, owned, operated and eventually sold businesses, while staying out of the spotlight.  My name was never used, all my business had corporate names, that were not directly tied to me.  I was never the spokesperson for my businesses.
 
When I started coaching professionally 12 years ago, I struggled to brand myself.  I still felt a need to stay under the radar screen.  Even though I found clients quickly from past business relationships and referrals, I knew that it was time to take my own advice and break the pattern of living under the radar screen.
 
A couple of years ago, I decided to pursue my dream of spreading the coaching message, just like the story of Johnny Appleseed.  I wanted to go city to city, town to town and meet the people, face to face, and share with them my Life Coach concepts and services.  I wanted to introduce coaching to the general public, not just the celebrities and corporate executives.
 
 
 
I decided that the best way to achieve this goal is to buy a bus, wrap it and start the show as a on-location, live event.  I plan to distribute the show at the start via the internet, but eventually, host the show on the radio, possibly in a syndicated format.
 
So when you meet me at one of my live events or if you call into my show, please know that just like you, I had childhood thought patterns that I too had to change.  It was not easy, but I am doing it.  With your help, I can overcome my " belief pattern" that was no longer serving me well. 
 
So there you go, I just shared with you a little about myself and I hope this may help you or someone you know, who is trying to change a "learned behavior" from childhood that is no longer working.
 
Thanks for reading.
 
Jeff 

No comments:

Post a Comment