Friday, April 29, 2011

Get to Know Jeff Wasserman - Part 2


While this blog is new and not many people have read it, as time goes on, people who want to know more about me, my life and my vision for the Life Coach Road Trip will go back and read these early posts.  So I wanted to share more about my life, my reason for the bus tour and what I hope to accomplish over the next 18 months.

As I mentioned in the last blog post, I was raised to keep out of the spotlight.  While this is good advice on some subjects and causes, it did not work for me when it came to the Life Coach profession.  I found Life Coaching early on, a time when few had heard of Life Coaching.  I was familiar with motivational speakers, self-help authors and advice columnist. 

From the time I was 15, I loved reading self-help books, listening to motivational audio tapes and attending any type of personal development workshops, even if they came with a sales pitch to buy a product or service.  I just loved the energy in the room and the excitement the presenters were able to pull together in the room.

After college, I owned a business, then another business and yet another business.  People use to say I was living the American dream, I was a serial entrepreneur or a true businessman.  In fact, I was just really searching for a feeling of accomplishment.  That is something that most business professionals are in search of.  Sometimes it is an illusion, like water on a desert, it is always just over the horizon. 

During those 15 years of living in Orlando and building a business or two, I loved to work, I was a workaholic.  I created my personal energy from working, from seeing a plan come together.  I went from working to live, to living to work.  Again, I was in search of accomplishment, reaching a level or point in life that really, is not a stationary point at all.

During that time in my life, no matter how hard I worked, no matter what changed in my life,  several things were consistent.  First, I listened to talk radio, especially Bruce Williams, a personal and business advice, nationally syndicated talk radio host.  Secondly, I enjoyed eating at restaurants like IHOP, Denny's and Waffle House.  It's not really the food, it's the environment. 

 Waffle House is as main street as you can get.  The waitresses are as down home as they come, the food is prepared in front of your eyes and most of the time, you can talk to the cook as he or she prepares your food.  It is very much like growing up as a kid, watching your mom at the stove, cooking your meal.  I guess it brings back good thoughts of a time in life, when things were simple and you felt protected.

When I went to Atlanta and picked up the bus at Adnormous, the first stop was Waffle House.  As you can see in the background of this bus picture, the familiar Waffle House is waiting with my hot cup of coffee and hashbrowns covers, smothered and chopped. ( I usually order a waffle, but hashbrowns are what they are famous for).

Thanks for reading and looking forward to sharing more about the tour in the next blog post.
Jeff
   

No comments:

Post a Comment