Monday, June 11, 2012

Michael Harrison - Talkers Magazine

When I coach someone or teach a coaching class, I often say, “ when you are ready to learn, a teacher will appear.” Or sometimes I like to say, “ you meet people in your life who make an impact, almost as if your path crossed for a reason.”


In my life, that person is Michael Harrison, founder of Talkers and Talkers Magazine. When I first met Michael in Austin Texas many years ago at a NAB Radio show, his words resonated with me, his mannerisms touched me in a special way. Michael was an early pioneer of the concept or idea of the Media Station. While that idea seemed far off at that first introduction, today we are seeing the “media station” used in almost every market, large and small.


I owe a great deal to Michael. He has been my mentor, my inspiration and my motivation. I am looking forward to many more years of Talkers conventions with Michael.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment