Wednesday, April 27, 2011

NAB Show - Las Vegas April 2011

I recently attended the National Association of Broadcasting convention in Las Vegas.  NAB hosts the spring show every year for all media, including TV and Radio.  In the fall of each year, the NAB hosts a Radio only event.  The fall Radio show is usually held on the east coast.  This years spring NAB show in Las Vegas had attendance of over 85,000 people from all over the world.
 
 
 
You might be wondering why I go to these shows, first and foremost, I love Radio.  I would like to get back on the radio, hosting a syndicated, nightly talk show.  Secondly, as Founder and CEO of JSW Media Inc, it is important to stay ahead of the curve, to stay in touch with people in the industry and learn about the advancement in technology.
 
I can't get over how each year, so much has changed and all the new products that are introduced to the industry.  I remember attending a show in 2003 where everyone was talking about having a blog.  It was a must to stay connected with your customers.  Some listened and some did not. 
 
I remember attending the NAB in 2008 and everyone was buzzing about Facebook, Link In and Twitter.  Today, these are essential business tools for any size business.
 
In 2010, the talk was the downfall of newspapers and print magazines.  The talk for the media business was all about mobile / smart phones and apps.  Delivering content will change from traditional media like print newspapers, terrestrial radio ( antenna and FCC license) and over the air TV stations like NBC, ABC and CBS. 
 
This year, the talk was on expanding and monetizing social media.  I am sure in two years, running a business will include Facebook, just like having a telephone number or email address.
 
So much has changed in the past 10 years.  So you might be asking, how does this relate to Life Coaching and hosting a radio show?  The answer is simple, even with technology, even with smart phones and apps, we all still face challenges, tough economic times, relationship problems, career choices, family matters, etc.  That is where I can be of assistance, I can assist callers who are struggling to understand life, who need some guidance or advice, who need a direction or path to follow.  This is what Life Coaching is all about. 
 
I am building my media presence from the ground up, the show will start in May 2011.  If you share my passion to improve lives, help people find happiness and navigate through life, please visit www.LifeCoachMedia.com and listen to my show.  Please join me and help grow and nurture my vision, my dream, my calling in life. 
 
Visit me on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/LifeCoachMedia.com
 
Thank you for reading and please feel free to forward my blog post or mention my blog on your blog.
 
Jeff
 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment